Special Use Permits
sPower submitted Special Use Permit (SUP) Applications to the Spotsylvania County Planning Department in March 2018. The Project went before the Spotsylvania Planning Commission January 16th, 2019 and is scheduled to go before the Board of Supervisors for a vote on February 26th, 2019.
State Corporation Commision
In November 2017, sPower submitted an application to the State Corporation Commission (SCC) for a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity (CPCN) for the construction and operation of a 500 MW solar energy facility.
Public Hearings with the SCC were held on May 9, May 23, and July 12, 2018.
sPower will host open houses during the month of February to inform citizens of the project and the anticipated employment opportunities:
- Battlefield District: Feb 11, 6 pm, Country Inn and Suites
- Chancellor District: Feb 12, 6 pm, Chancellor Community Center
- Courtland District: Feb 14, 6 pm, Grace Church of Fredericksburg
- Lee Hill District: Feb 19, 6 pm, Lee Hill Community Center
- Livingston District: Feb 20, 6 pm, Todd’s Tavern Community Center
- Berkeley District and Salem Districts: Feb 21, 6:30 pm, Central Livingston Regional Library
sPower has hosted four public events over the last year to share information about the project and update residents. The company held Community Meetings on January 10th and January 11th, 2018 at the Fawn Lake Community and Craigs Baptist Church. The Community Meetings were well attended with residents expressing both concerns and support for the Project. Two Open House events were held on October 2nd and 4th to update the community on changes sPower had made to the project in order to address several of the citizens’ concerns.